Well, After many weeks i am going back to the topic on Alexa.As Mentioned earilier in my posts that Alexa is founded by Amazon.com and it calculates ranks of all sites which are under its certain rules and guidelines.
If you are new To the word Alexa you can know from our introductory post which i posted earlier in February i think so..
Now i am assuming here that you already know about Alexa. So now Lets Talk about its working.. 😀
Alexa computes every site or blog’s rank from its Toolbar known as Alexa Toolbar.throughout the day the users who install this toolbar gathers the data and then ranks all the sites accordingly.Thisis just a summary or we can say what Alexa says on its accuracy on ranking.
Why To Bother For Alexa Ranking?
This is a pretty Good question that could be asked by any newbie blogger.As you might have read in my introductotr post that “less the rank,better is your blog”.Alexa gives you a glimpse of your site progress and it updates daily,so now you can monitor your Blog’s progress daily.
Another Big Reason is that if you have opened up a blog for advertising,meaning, for earning money then you should probably know that Advertisers see Your Alexa Rank before considering to put their ads on your blog 😀
So for example if Blog A has 300,000 alexa rank,and Blog B has 100,000 Alexa rank then advertisers would prefer Blog B to advertise on.
How To Decrease The Rank?
- Install The Alexa Toolbar in your browser:-This is the first step. For your blog to be ranked less you need toolbar installed so that when you or anyone else visit your blog, the toolbar would receive the information and rank will be calculated accordingly.
- Update Your Blog Regularly:-Who likes old posts on any blog? same goes for Alexa and Google Too!if you are not updating your blog regularly then your alexa rank will come down.But if you take care of your blog and update it regularly Alexa will be your friend too! 😉
- Write Some Posts on Alexa:- Another sweet trick is to write a post on alexa on your blog and giving Alexa a backlink in your post.it might be a small sweet method among the mention logical methods.But yes! This also works! I have tried it and worked for me too (I dont know why 😛 )
- Widgets:– You can also decrease your Alexa rank by putting up alexa widgets in your blog.They could be for installing toolbars or for reviewing your own blog.Or just a widget showing your Alexa rank and backlinks.As you can see i have given a small widget place for Alexa at the bottom,which do not disturbs site orientation.
- Rating The Site:– Tell your friends to rate your blog on Alexa.It would enhence the listing of your site in the Alexa Toolbar. Also rate other sites on alexa.
Note that if you just jokingly rate other blogs with less stars your rank would also be effected!
- Purchasing The Alexa Subscription:- Yes this is true! If you purchase its premium listing too,your rank would be decreased by a certain amount.Sometimes if you flatter alexa,it would rank you lower!Some Blogs like Dragonblogger have done so and are enjoying Better stats and rank of their blogs.
These are the best effective ways to decrease your Alexa Rank,And i am implementing most of them on my this blog only 🙂
Over To you Buddy!
Do you know any other method to improve alexa rank? Do share with us by commenting below and Don’t forget to shoot your thoughts on this post 🙂